- This morning, we decided to go out for breakfast at this upscale diner connected to a very high-end hotel/resort/spa. We walked in, and we were clearly the only locals, and most likely the only people who made under $200,000 a year. We were treated wonderfully because we were locals (even given a locals discount!), and we had the most fantastic food. I had pancakes whose batter contained cottage cheese and lemon zest, and for which I was given creme fraiche and a candied lemon slice as a topping. It was heaven. So was my wine glass of fresh-squeezed OJ.
- At the restaurant was a couple in their fifties, obviously very wealthy, who were dining in bathrobes. It’s not like the restaurant is physically connected to the hotel; in fact, it’s a bit of a walk. I hope they were wearing underpants. I admit that it made me giggle more than once today to think of them, especially because she was also carrying a purse.
- After breakfast, we went for a walk, and my wife picked me a flower. We spotted lots of mother-walkers, and they said hello to us in a way we aren’t accustomed to–it was a sort of “welcome to the mom club” hello–and it made us feel special.
- We picked up some lovely flowers, eggs, and garlic at our little Friday farmer’s market. There were many classes of kids on a field trip there. They were all buying fruit and flowers, tasting honey and cherries. They were so excited to be there, and we were delighted to watch them.
- We sat on a bench and watched some toddlers at the park. A boy who was perhaps two was pushing a baby boy(maybe nine months) on the swings (a mother accompanied them). There were little boys going down the slide, little girls hiding behind trees, and so much more. They made us so happy.
- The pool is one of my favorite places right now, and it feels so good to get in and really move. It’s also lovely to spend time with friends and friends’ kids there as we did today.
- My wife is wonderful. She now comes around to my side of the car to help me out. I don’t usually need the help, but it’s lovely to be able to take her hand. She is taking such good care of me.
- I am genuinely happy through and through for one of the first times in my life.