I can’t think cohesively (or coherently) today, so here’s a list:
- J came in from watering our container garden moments ago and handed me three beautiful ripe cherry tomatoes. They are sweet and juicy and wonderful, and we grew them here! In our old hometown, no tomatoes could be grown outside of a greenhouse because it took months for the fruit to come on, and by the time they were almost ripe, the hard freezes came. I can’t count the number of times we were stupid enough to try to grow tomatoes, but now we can. It’s lovely. One day, we’ll have a garden, and we’ll be able to plant lots of them.
- I am trying to fight a urinary tract infection. I’m in the very beginning stages of it, and through copious amounts of water consumption, I may be winning, but I’m afraid it might be time for me to take some antibiotics. Luckily, we have a surplus of antibiotics for this very ailment.
- We’re taking yet another trip to my parents’ house today. They’ve been on this amazing Alaska adventure which combined a cruise and a land tour. We’ll pick them up from the airport tomorrow, and we’ll likely see our niece again. Hopefully we won’t have to see the manchild. I am, however, not looking forward to the mess manchild may have left in my parents’ house while he and my sister stayed there over the past couple of days. Last time, there were beer cans and cigarette butts everywhere outside. He is such trash.
- I have been getting surges of anxiety when I think about school. We’re just over a month away from the beginning of the school year. We’re both teaching at new colleges. I have a class I’m teaching at 7am. I will have to leave the house by 6am each morning. Holy shit. It’s too soon. I need to think summery thoughts again to distract myself.
- It is mid-July, and we have not gone camping. Not once. We need to go camping. Soon.
- I fucked up my NaBloPoJuly attempts this past weekend, but spending time with friends was more important than just about anything else, so I forgive myself.