Our two-week wait has officially commenced. My temperature dipped nicely yesterday and is up a few tenths of a degree today. It appears I’ve probably ovulated. I never did get my positive OPK; I ran out of them on Friday and opted not to buy anymore. I just thought I’d wing it. Everything else was lined up perfectly, and I’ve been known to ovulate on the same day as my positive tests before, so I’m assuming that’s what would have happened.
We had two inseminations on Friday (the day before O, it would seem). One was mid-day, and one was at night before bed, allowing me plenty of hours to stay still atop my pillow stack. Had we thought the stuff would stay viable, we probably would have split it all into thirds and had another yesterday morning because we had a lot of it this time. I said something to Mr. G about the increased volume, and he informed us that the sample consisted of two donations plus the buffer. I guess he was busy on Thursday! If BioTranz does indeed work, we likely had ourselves a whole slough of swimmers. At any rate, we felt that getting the little guys into my body would give them a better chance of surviving their journey.
My timing was different this time around too. We have been inseminating late a lot, and other times, we’ve done this on ovulation day. Clearly, none of this has worked (although we think this might have been a result of poor shipping techniques as well). This also may be because once the positive OPK pops up, my egg often drops rather quickly. This time, we’re hoping that by catching it a few hours earlier we may have more success. I really hope so, but I’m going to try to ignore it all this week. Right. Yes. That’s exactly what I’m going to do.