Oh my word–I’ve actually been tagged! Me! I was tagged by the lovely Chronicles of Conception. I’ll do my best to warrant such an honor. 🙂
Here we go:
1) Link to the person that tagged you.
2) Post the rules on your blog.
3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4) Tag at least three people at the end of your post and link to their blogs.
5) Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6) Let the fun begin!
1. I am terrible at coming up with things off the top of my head. I absolutely freeze. When put on the spot to come up with a topic, a memory, a story, an example–anything–I freeze. This is especially bothersome when I am in front of a classroom and need to come up with a good example of a thesis statement or a run-on sentence. My students always laught at me. It’s a good thing I laugh at myself as well.
2. When I was between the ages of ten and thirteen, I wanted to be an astronaut more than anything in the world. This was after the space shuttle Challenger exploded and after watching the movie Space Camp. I dressed like one of the characters from the movie for quite some time. I was obsessed with this stuff. I would go to the library any chance I got and check out every book I could on space travel, astronomy, and my favorite astronauts. I went so far as wanting to become a fighter pilot in the Air Force. That never happened. I have a really great essay that I wrote about this time in my life, and it always makes J cry. It was a special time, and I love thinking back on it.
3. I often change my clothes three or four times before I leave the house. I am fairly picky about what I’m wearing, and this can be maddening. There has been many a morning when I’ve put myself in a bad mood because I couldn’t find just the right thing. This goes all the way back to my childhood when apparently I would get very upset if I didn’t have the perfect “round and round” dress (something that twirled just right when I spun in circles) for kindergarten.
4. I used to be able to shoot a pistol with great precision. My dad was a cop, and he started taking me target shooting when I was about nine. My favorite gun was his .357 magnum. I haven’t been shooting in years, but I rather enjoy it. In recent years, he has begged me to let him give me a gun, but I refuse to have one in my home. Secretly, though, I love shooting pistols.
5. I love brewer’s yeast on my popcorn. J just reminded me of this. She thinks it’s the most disgusting thing in the world. I love it.
6. I speak German, but only with J and to my cats. I accidentally ended up with a second bachelor’s degree in German when I was in college. I had originally intended to go for a minor, and I ended up with so many units that I qualified for a second BA. Many of my classes were in German film. I have never been to a German-speaking country.
There we have it! It was easier than I thought it would be–and I only had to get J to help me with one. Okay, now for the tagging: